Sunday, June 29, 2014

Doggonit!

Am a bit sore and beat up after a dog attack today. I ended up somersaulting a few times down a hill as it attacked, then coming  and having a shouting match with it, which it won, and then continuing my downhill flight. 

The shepherd came over, having seen it all from a hill. The dog was hiding in a Byzantine tomb and I was trying to get in. Sheepherd went and tracked down my camera that had flown off as I hit the ground and rolled. Finally found it, and we then shared his crackers and my few Turkish words as we waited for Mark to come back from retrieving something at the car so I could warn him off those tombs!! I have a few great strawberries on my butt, arms, and underarm. A sore hip and twisted foot. Other than that, I have a great story and no dog bites, but a wounded ego for being bested-- again, third time this trip, by man's supposedly best friend. The shepherd had a great story to tell his friends over tea and a laugh. 

1. Photo of there tomb as I unpreparedly approached
2. Camera's wild photo as it flew from my hand and I flew down the hill
3. Shepherd with funny story. 

I won't bore you with more tombs or such. One Phrygian monument from 540-300 BCE,
one cave with rope we chose not to climb
A few houses in the countryside villages, a Muslim holy man's tomb with reused Roman stones (even from a church), storks nesting, (Ok, 1 tomb), and a little wildlife.....just no dogs. 



No comments:

Post a Comment