Monday, June 30, 2014

The Last Full Day in Phrygia

It was our last day, yesterday, to have a full shot at sites. We spent the time trying to find some out of the he way places-- taking the little Renault where no Renault has gone before. More tombs that became Byzantine houses. I know you'd be excited to see the pics but I will spare you. Also, we looked for a number of the more ancient Phrygian monuments and tombs, several decorated with huge lions ca. 600 BCE. In one case it took the help of a cowherd to accompany us to find a site. 

Today we hit two sites on the he long trip back to Izmi. We are two nights at Levent's beach house, then I leave for the airport at 4 am on Thursday. I will arrive home 11 pm or so that night if all goes well. About 23 hours of travel, I think....this may be the last blog post as a day at the beach is well known to most.....

Thanks for making this journey with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment